Greetings -after the great insipid day that was C and D grades I am moved to take fingers to a keyboard, and with this great power have jotted a few things down that I find an SBO!
1. Handlebars are critical part of bike control,
2. If your running over reflective Cats Eyes on your left, your too far over,
3. The shortest distance between points is a straight line, hold it,
4. My $15 is as good, not better or worse than yours,therefore we are equal on the road, noneed to run me into Catani Main Drain to stay on old mates wheel,
a. Point out pot holes, gravel and other obstacles,
b. Do not grab a big handful of brake when you get to the front,
c. I will let you race the way you want to, do not bag me for the way I race, as long as it is safe then I will advise you so
5. Hook turns are allowed in the CBD,not in a cycle race,
6. Duty, do it, do many- help out so the same few can ride more often,
7. If you think you can do better show up on the Club Meetings and help,
8. Look where you are going more, rather than were you have been when in a group, see point 3,
9. If you want to ride like an A Grader then ride A Grade, this is C Grade if it is too easy put yourself up, if it is too hard go down. But do not show bag(i).You will be a fool to yourself and a burden on others,
10. Please do not imitate attacks you see on the SBS Highlight package, no need to go to the far side of the road to attack, see point 2 about cats eyes,
a. You might as well put a neon sign on your head,
b. It makes some of us want to speak harshly to you, just as well we are from the Temple of Peace, Love and Happiness,
c. I have to go to work Monday, sore legs I can put up with, busted ribs is a different story, see point 3 again about straight lines,
11. Listen to Race Brief,250 is just that, unless you get a spare set of Tony Martin's legs from your jersey, it is very hard to go from well before that and win,
12. The finish requires attention to detail say no more!
13. We can use the left hand side of the road at the start, two wide only, be aware of other road users,
14. Finally a un-named fellow rider did cause me a smile when he yelled to pair up in twos! Is that like parking in your driveway? Reversing backward? A PIN Number?
(i) Showbag is a term that Bill can explain.