Come along to an event and try 2 or 3 rides with us
2. Come along and enter the race as a 'Come &
Try' introduction rider. We have grades for all master ages, abilities and current
Riding with friends is a fantastic way to enjoy your fitness, and... riding a circuit or racing distance is also a
great way to keep active, have fun, enjoy company and achieve a goal. With 7 grades, there is an entry level for everyone.
We invite you to come along and try 2 or 3 races with us, see how the event is held,
what equipment you may need, what level grade to start and so on.
You can sign up for a 3 Ride/Race Licence. It is only $50 and covers your introduction, administration and insurances...
and lots of cycling tips.
SMCC regularly hold club events on closed circuits with no cars.
Come along with:
- Bring your road bike in a road worthy condition. Flat handle bars not permitted.
- Cycling shoes or trainers.
- Good condition cleats and pedals, chain, tyres etc.
- Racing attire. Bike shorts, Bike shirt, Gloves, Sunglasses.
- Australian Standard 2003 Approved Helmet.
- Arrive approx 1 hr pre race time.
- When you arrive at the the event, introduce yourself and find the Club Captain, President, Ladies Rep, etc.
- Let an entry official know you're a come and try entrant and your approx level of training or fitness. This will help put you in an appropriate grade.
- Each ride/race costs $10 Ride/Race Entry Fee.
For 'Come and Try' new members, we suggest you come along and discover your grading, what to do, how to ride in a race etc.
Even as a new rider, you are entitled to all the prizes you can achieve and the 'Come and Try' fee is deducted from the full membership license when you join.
Sounds fantastic, I'll be there!
Please fill in the form below, it will send an email to our club notifying
us of a new rider. We will see you there at the event you choose, all prepared and ready to help.